If you have crooked or misshapen teeth, then you have probably thought about getting them straightened. Most people have started looking for Invisalign providers that are capable of helping them with treating their individual dental cases so that they can get a beautiful and straight smile using the Invisalign treatment. Go through this blog post to get some perfect tips for Invisalign braces and boost your level of confidence.
- Wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day – You need to wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day. This means that you can remove them at the time of eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. After that, you should put the aligners in to get the most from the treatment.
- Keep the aligners properly in their case – When you take the aligners out, make sure that you keep them safely in their protective case. As they are clear, they can be misplaced and lost easily and so, placing them in their protective case is the best way to keep them safe. When you take off the aligners from your mouth, they are extremely fragile and putting them in their case will protect them from breaking.
- Carry a toothbrush with you always – You should use a toothbrush after every meal so that small food particles do not get struck in between your teeth before you wear the aligners again. In case there is some food in the braces, then this may be the reason for bad breath, stains and tooth decay. If it is not convenient for you, then it is suggested to invest in disposable brushes or chew sugar-free gums.
- Drink water only when you wear the aligners – When you wear your aligners, the only thing you can drink is water. Tea, coffee and cola can all cause stains to the aligners. If you enjoy having a sugary drink, then it will sweep in between the aligners and your teeth where it may lead to decay and erosion. Make sure that you know what you can eat with Invisalign braces to avoid any unnecessary problems during the treatment. It is advised not to constantly have your aligners in and out and so, you should stick to water in between the meals to stay healthy and hydrated.
- Do not put the aligners in hot water – Though it is necessary to keep the aligners clean, make sure that you do not store them in hot water. This may cause them to heat up and thus, lose their shape making them completely useless.
- Do not use paste for cleaning the aligners – It is suggested not to use toothpaste for your aligners. There are some toothpastes that seem to be very abrasive for the aligners which makes them dull and subtle. So, make sure that you brush the aligners by using a mild detergent and cold water to clean them properly.
- Do not throw away your aligners – After you finish using an aligner, it is suggested not to throw it away. You will be provided with a case where you can store the last set of aligners and carry on with the new set. You might need them in case your present aligner gets broken or misplaced and so, having the old one can help in this situation as you can quickly put it back on while your new aligners are made so that you don’t lose any of your progress.
- Take off your aligners carefully – There is a knack for removing the aligners. So, starting from the back of your teeth, it is advised to loosen your aligners gently and work them the way around your mouth. They should pop out of your mouth with ease without much pressure. Manage the aligners gently so that you can prevent any kind of damage to them.
- Wear your retainer all the time – Lastly, you have to wear your retainers after the Invisalign treatment is done at Adult Braces Clinic. It may take some time for the bone that supports your teeth to stabilisse so that the retainers ensure everything is at the right position when this takes place.
Even after the bone has already settled, you will have to wear the fixed and or removable retainers to avoid any orthodontic relapse. This is because the ligaments surrounding your teeth will have a natural tendency to shift back to the pre-treatment position and they will move your teeth with them.