If you want smile improvement, Invisalign is your best bet. In fact the approach to straighten the teeth with Invisalign braces is a revolution in itself. Considering all the benefits these braces offer, popularity of this modern treatment is rising steadily all over the UK including London.
In the following paragraphs of this blog post, we will discuss some vital facts about the treatment.
Vital Invisalign facts to be aware about:
- You’ve to wear it for minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day: Yes, you have to wear the Invisalign aligners for at least 20 hours a day to get those expected results. It is relevant mentioning that dentists recommend wearing it 22 hours daily. In alternative words, it means that your breakfast, lunch and dinner have to be power meals when you’re on Invisalign. You should get this kind of treatment only if you are willing to be committed to the cause.
- Initially, you will speak with a little lisp: When you slip on the braces for the first time, you will invariably speak with a little lisp. The lisp occurs as your teeth try to adjust themselves to the plastic aligners. However, this problem will fade on its own in a few days.
- >Invisalign is not suitable for everyone: Invisalign can fix a number of minor orthodontic problems including crooked teeth, gaps, minor degrees of under or over bite and others. But it is not ideal to treat severe orthodontic problems. Orthodontic patients with complex problems are likely to get faster and more satisfactory results using conventional metal braces or undergoing a surgical treatment. Smile Assessment is a reliable feature of the Invisalign technology to ascertain whether you are suitable for the treatment.
- Carry your travel toothbrush everywhere: While you are on Invisalign, make sure to carry a mini toothpaste tube and the toothbrush with you everywhere. It is important that you brush the teeth after every meal to get rid of the food debris stuck between the teeth. It is better to invest in a few toothbrushes before committing yourself to Invisalign.
- Cut down on your favourite drinks: Drinks like coffee, tea and red wine in particular prove effective in staining the teeth. You have to cut down on these popular beverages while on Invisalign because they can easily stain your clear, transparent plastic aligners just as they stain the teeth. Take the aligners off every time before sipping on your favourite beverages. Do brush the teeth before slipping on the braces again.
- Invisalign treatment may make you lose weight: Skilled and qualified dentists handling teeth straightening cases with Invisalign braces in London have something important to share. Once you are on this cutting-edge orthodontic treatment, your lifestyle will suddenly change. Those mindless eating and mid-day snacks will become history for you. As a result, you’re likely to lose weight once when you are on Invisalign.
- Invisalign is virtually pain-free: Unlike conventional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are virtually painless. Of course you cannot bite down a raw carrot wearing those plastic aligners but compared to metallic braces Invisalign treatment is like enjoying a leisurely walk in the park.
- Do not wash the Invisalign braces with toothpaste: Toothpastes contain abrasive ingredients that may contribute to the build-ups and odour. Therefore, never wash these aligners with toothpaste. Rather, use any mild detergent or soap with lukewarm water to get the aligners cleaned.
- Treatment time may linger: Invisalign teeth straightening treatment usually lasts 6 months to a year on an average. But, the treatment may require some additional time and you may have to wear a fresh set of ‘finishing’ aligners to ensure the results are closest to perfection. You must be mentally prepared for this before starting the treatment.
Last but not least, Invisalign is worth it. The treatment involves good deal of monetary investment. Moreover, you have to make a lot of effort to adjust to the new lifestyle that the treatment demands. Along with that, time is also a factor to take into consideration. You have to skip all those birthday cakes and wine nights. But making all the effort to get the teeth straightened with Invisalign braces is absolutely worth it, says an orthodontist associated with the Adult Braces London.
This orthodontic clinic is located at Harley Street in Marylebone and possesses an excellent track record in handling orthodontic teeth straightening cases using Invisalign.